Social Security is here for you when you’re traveling, whether it’s just a state away or when you’re abroad. When you open a personal and secure my Social Security account, you can access it on your terms. We put you in control of your finances and your future.
With my Social Security, you can:
- Request a replacement Social Security or Medicare card if you meet certain requirements;
- Check the status of your application or appeal.
- See your lifetime earnings on your Social Security Statement.
- Get a benefit verification letter stating that:
- You receive retirement, disability, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Medicare benefits; or
- You never received Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicare; or
- You received benefits in the past, but do not currently receive them. (The letter will include the date your benefits stopped and how much you received that year.); or
- You applied for benefits but haven’t received an answer yet.
There’s a lot more you can do with your my Social Security account. We’re always adding new features and resources to make your life easier and give you greater control over your benefits. Placing the “Application Status” feature behind our my Social Security portal provides a secure service delivery channel that allows us to provide detailed status on your claim without requiring a confirmation number.
With the new Application Status, you can see:
- the Re-entry number for in-progress applications;
- detailed information about the current status of the application or appeal;
- the location where your claim is being processed; and
- scheduled hearing information for appeals.
Visit my Social Security to see what other personalized features are available to you at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.