The new restaurant will employ more than 60 people from the quad-city area.
Having a Big Mac attack? McDonald's in Frontier Village will be serving lunch/dinner items from 10:30 AM to 5 AM eery day. Breakfast is served from 5-10:30 AM.
It's a great place to stop in after a movie, too. Lobby doors will be open from 5 AM to midnight every day, and he Drive-thru will be ready to serve your Mickey D's order 24/7. It's a side-by-side drive-thru, with two ordering points that merge into one lane. How do they know which car is which? Computer systems track the cars to ensure accurate orders.
With energy-efficient lighting and ample parking, the layout of this fast-food restaurant incorporates the latest design. Store Manager Desiree Wright explains, "It has a different look. We still have the golden arches on there, but at the front and side, in addition to saying McDonald's, there's a kind of swoosh. It's a little change in the logo, but it's a refreshing one.
The official Grand Opening celebration with a ribbon cutting will take place Saturday 2/1/14 at 1 PM with special guest Ronald McDonald, giveaways and prizes.
In the meantime, did you know that there is a website for kids called happymeal.com? While the top of the page proclaims, "Hey kids, this is advertising!" there are also games, videos and Interactive e-Books for kids.
Interesting McDonald's factoids:
- In 1940, McDonald's was started as a Bar-B-Q restaurant in San Bernardino, California.
- By 1948, it is reopened as a self-service drive-in restaurant, with just nine items: Hamburger, cheeseburger, soft drinks, milk, coffee, potato chips and a slice of pie.
- In 1948, the hamburgers were only 15¢.
- French fries and milkshakes appeared on the menu in 1949.
- Ray Kroc was a salesman for milkshake Multi-Mixers.
- By 1958, McDonald's sold 100 Million hamburgers.
- In 1959, 100 McDonald's restaurants are located across the United States. Within four years, they celebrate their 500th restaurant. In 2008, McDonald's celebrated its 1000th restaurant in China.
- In 1965, you had your first opportunity to purchase stock in McDonald's - just $22.50 per share.
- In Sedona, the 'golden arches' are green.
- The McDonald's in downtown Roswell, NM, looks like a UFO with nighttime florescent lights.
- Fast forward to 2013 - 34,000 restaurants worldwide, employing 1.8 M employees in 118 countries. 80% of all McDonald's restaurants are franchises.
Read more in the McDonald's History timeline.