Update: All appears to be restored. However, there is a planned power outage Friday, July 6 starting at 10 AM around Carlton and Washington Streets in Prescott. This will only affect 19 customers and should be restored by 2 PM.
Nearly 1200 customers experienced a power outage on Thursday, July 5 at about 5:26 PM. It reaches from Southview Drive to Adams Avenue, and across Sequoya Lane to Pennie Ann Drive in Prescott.
The cause is not known, but the expected restoration time is 10 PM.
Another 212 customers are affected in Prescott Valley. The expected time of restoration is at 10:30 PM. That stretches from Galaxy Way to Roundup Drive and Winchester Drive to Tower Lane in Prescott Valley.
Finally, 181 customers are out of power on the East side of Chino Valley, with an expected restoration of 11 PM. The outage spans Leaping Lizard Lane to Oak Drive, and Stacey Drive to Cottonwood Lane in Chino Valley.
According to APS, if you experience an outage, you should take these steps:
- Visit aps.com/outagecenter to view the map and report an outage.
- Don’t try to repair electrical problems on your own.
- Use flashlights.
- Don’t open refrigerators or freezers more than necessary.
- Turn off and unplug all unnecessary electrical equipment and appliances.
- Call APS at 855.688.2437 for residential questions, and 602.371.6767 for business locations.
Also, if it is very hot, you might want to consider relocating to another place temporarily until the outage is repaired.