Prescott, AZ (April 19, 2019) – Firefighters responded to a smoke report at 3:00 pm near Lynx Lake South Shore Day-Use Recreation Area. The 7 acre Lynx Fire is burning in ponderosa pine and chaparral, east of the south shore boat ramp (T13N, R1W, S17). Several Prescott National Forest Engines, the Prescott Hotshots, a Type 3 Helicopter and miscellaneous overhead personnel are working the fire.
Recreation Site Information:
- Overnight campgrounds have opened and are being repopulated.
- The east side of Lynx Lake Trail 311 and Johns Tank Trail 94 will remain closed until further notice.
- Lynx Lake South Shore Day-Use are will remain closed through Saturday evening, April 20th.
- Lynx Lake North Shore Day-Use will be evaluated for re-opening tomorrow morning; Saturday, April 20th.
Firefighters remained on scene through the evening working to secure the perimeter and extinguishing interior fuels. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
In the interest of safety, the public is reminded to obey all traffic signs, drive slowly, and use caution when traveling in the vicinity of the fire as firefighters and fire-related traffic will be traveling along Walker Road.
The public can obtain additional fire information via the following:
- Prescott NF Forest Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott/
- Twitter: @PrescottNF
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrescottNF/
- Bradshaw Ranger District: (928) 443-8000
- Prescott NF Fire Information (928) 925-1111
“USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.”
The following video was submitted to Prescott eNews by Ted Ferris of Yavapai Landscaping.