The Olsen’s Equifest is an event jammed full of equine goodness starting at 9:30 on Saturday morning.
It will start with an Olsen's Family Feud at 9:30 AM. Employees from each Olsen’s location will face off against one another:
- Horseback competitions
- Trailer race
- Ribbon race
- Egg in the spoon race
Continuing throughout the day will include performances by
- PRCA Equine Trick Rider, Brandi Phillips
- Granite Mountain Drill Team
- Local police K-9s
We’re not done yet.
Wander around and see:
- Heritage Park Zoo
- Dutch oven cooking
- Arizona State Farriers Association horseshoeing contest
- Test drive a tractor
- Check out the antique tractor display & pull
- At 12:45 we can watch the Legacy Ranch Horse Sale preview with team roping, branding and dry work.
By 4 PM, you’ll be ready to relax and enjoy an evening concert by real-life cowboy and songwriter Gail Steiger.
There’s plenty for the kiddos, too. Head over to Olsen’s Equifest! Kids:
- Petting Zoo
- Pony rides
- Build your own stick horse
- Coloring booth
- Mini horse feeding
- Scavenger hunt
- Egg diving
- Dummy roping
- Horseshoe toss all FREE to the public
Are you a big barrel racing fan? The Olsen’s Saddle Series & Open 4D barrel race which will culminate with a series final at 5 PM.
Horses available for sale at the exclusive Legacy Ranch Horse Sale will on view in the tent between 4 PM and 5:30. These are top-quality horses, and the auction will begin promptly at 5:30 PM.
And the fun continues on September 15th, showcasing the best and fastest team ropers in Northern Arizona.