Gato Gives is the employee-matched community philanthropic program for the El Gato Azul restaurant. This year, Gato Gives recognized 7 organizations to support, after they were nominated and voted on by the staff. They were invited to a complimentary brunch on the patio of El Gato Azul Saturday morning.
According to owner Barry Barbe, over $5000 was awarded to programs in the community that make a difference. "Over the last 18 months, our community minded staff have contributed over $17,000.00 to assist those that are making a difference,” Barbe said.
- Chino Valley School Math Department - $1,000.00 for the purchase of Calculators to help students be prepared for and taking the PSAT etc.
- Chino Valley School Science Department - $600.00 for the purchase of Goggles that are out dated.
- Teens' Closet - $828.00 to help with the purchase of new clothing and shoes for their boutique.
- Stepping Stones Agencies - $907.00 to assist with their ongoing programs assisting victims of domestic abuse.
- KindDefined - $534.00 to continue their outreach to children and teens.
- Yavapai FoodBank - $750.00 for the purchase of new toys for their Christmas Toy Drive.
- North Star Youth Partnership (Catholic Social Services) - $888.00 to aid in their continuing Teen Mentoring Program.
"I can not be more proud of the contributions of our staff and their hard work on a daily basis that allow us to continue to become more involved and educated as to the needs and services in our community,” Barbe stated. "Thanks guys! Thanks also to Arizona Community Foundation of Yavapai County and Fann Contracting for inspiring us and for helping get this and several other programs like it off the ground!"